Thanks to recent legislation that has been passed in countries around the globe and states across the US, public perception has changed dramatically in recent years.
More and more people are using the plant for recreational purposes, and many also use it as a natural cure-all, as it effectively treats a variety of ailments.
Whether for pure enjoyment or you want to try it for medicinal purposes, you’re probably looking for the most enjoyable way to use marijuana.
While rolling it in a joint or a blunt or packing it into a bowl or a bong are among the most common ways to consume marijuana, there’s another method of consumption that’s becoming increasingly popular: ingestion via edibles. Yeah, THOSE edibles..
As the name suggests, cannabis-infused butter is literally butter that has been laced with weed. The “spiked” butter is then used as an ingredient in a variety of different weed-based recipes.
While you can certainly try your hand at making your own weed butter, doing so can be pretty tricky.
Not only do you need to make sure that you have all of the right ingredients and that you’re using the appropriate measurements, but preparing it can take a really long time.
Instead of all the aggravation, wouldn’t it be great if there were a machine that you could use to make weed-infused butter that would make the process a whole lot easier?
The good news is, there is! It’s called Magical Butter, and it’s really changing the way that people make their own marijuana-laced butter.
Interested in learning more about the Magical Butter machine? Read on to find out exactly what it is, how it works, and whether or not it’s worth the investment.
Vegan? Check out our guide to producing dairy-free plant based THC oils for your edible cooking!
What is Magical Butter?
Magical Butter machine is a botanical extractor that came onto the market just a few years ago, and since it was introduced, it really has taken off. Essentially, the machine acts as an immersion blender.
It’s outfitted with a digital thermostat and a heating unit and was created as a way to make it easier for those who are interested in making their own cannabis-laced butter so that they can then make their own marijuana edibles.
The Magical Butter machine can make as much as give cups of butter, as well as a weed candy, herb-infused oils, and even tinctures and lotions.
(If you only want to infuse oil then you should check out the Levo II Infuser as well when doing your comparison shopping.)
According to the makers of Magical Butter, the machine is the first-ever countertop Botanical Extractor and it was designed using science for one main goal: making “incredible recipes and botanical infusions with little or no labor.”
The innovative design of the machine allows it to grind, heat, mix, and steep all herbal extracts, including marijuana, on its own, providing the user with a stress-free way of making new, exciting, and tasty ways of using marijuana.
What Comes with the Magical Butter Machine?
In addition to the machine itself, Magical Butter comes with a specially designed heat-resistant Magical Glove that is made to protect your hand while you’re straining the products it produces after it’s processed.
It also comes with an advanced 190 micron filter, a 110 volt power cord, and an easy to read owner’s manual that explains, in detail, how to set up and use the machine, and a Magical Cookbook.
The key features of the Magical Butter machine are as follows:
- Fully automatic, microprocessor-controlled program sequences
- A stainless steel pitcher
- An integrated thermostat and sensors that allow for laboratory-grade temperature controls
- Can make between two and five cups of product per cycle
The dimensions of the Magical Butter machine are as follows:
- 10 pound weight
- 10 inches wide
- 14 inches high
- 10 inches deep
- Two to five cup liquid capacity
The Magical Butter machine can be operated on four temperature settings, including:
- 130 degrees F (54 degrees C)
- 160 degrees F (71 degrees C)
- 190 degrees F (88 degrees C)
- 220 degrees F (104 degrees C)
Furthermore, there are four timers that you can adjust, based on what you’re using the machine to make. The settings and what they are recommended for are as follows:
- 1 hour timer is recommended for making marijuana-infused oils
- 2 hour timer is recommended for making cannabutter (cannabis-infused butter)
- 4 hour timer is recommended for making weed-infused tinctures
- 8 hour timer is recommended for making products that you’d like to have a richer, stronger, and deeper flavor
It also features a self-cleaning feature. When you’re finished using the botanical extractor, simply fill it with water and a drop or two of liquid dish soap, press the clean button, and the machine will automatically cleanse itself of all remnants.
Once the cleaning process is complete, just rinse out the pot and it will be ready to use the next time you want to make marijuana-infused products.
The retail price of the Magical Butter machine is $199.95. Considering what comes with it, the specialized technologies and high-grade construction, how easy it is to use, and what it comes with, that price is actually quite reasonable.
Using the Magical Butter Machine: An Overview
Using the Magical Butter machine is pretty simple and straightforward. If you’ve never made edibles before, this machine makes the process quite easy, as it allows for fool-proof use and produces very consistent results.
While it can be used to make a variety of products, since it’s called “Magical Butter”, let’s take a look at how to use the machine to make marijuana-infused butter.
- Unsalted butter
- Marijuana (deseeded, destemmed, and ground)
- Lecithin (as an emulsifier)
First, melt your butter. Once the butter is melted, toss it and the rest of the ingredients into the Magical Butter machine.
Once the ingredients are in place, close the lid, set the temperature and timer to your desired settings (remember, the 2 hour timer is recommended for making cannabutter), and that’s it! Once the timer goes off, open up the machine and you’ll have delicious marijuana-infused butter!
Remove the butter, filter it, and pop it in the refrigerator until it’s hardened and ready to be used.
If you want to make something else with the Magical Butter machine – oils or tinctures, for example – the same basic principles that are used for making cannabutter apply; just add in your ingredients, close the lid, select the desired temperature and timer, and then sit back, relax, while the Magical Butter machine does the rest of the work for you.
Check out the Magical Butter website, where you’ll find a wide selection of recipes to try, including:
- Candies and desserts
- Small snacks and appetizers
- Sauces and spreads
- Soups and salads
- Breakfast dishes
- Alternative diets, such as vegetarian, keto, vegan, and gluten-free
- Topicals and salves
There’s even a section for holiday recipes, including sweets and treats for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Easter, and Birthdays!
Whatever you’re making, to achieve the best results, it’s highly recommend that you bake your marijuana before you become making your products in order to decarb it.
If you’re only looking to decarb then check out the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX
Doing so will allow you to bring out the psychoactive properties of the marijuana, as it will generate a chemical reaction that will convert THCA into THC, creating a higher quality end product.
Assessment of the Magical Butter Machine
The overall design of the Magical Butter machine is quite clean, simple, and smart. It features a stainless steel pot that is equivalent to the size of a large coffee mug. Looking at it, you’d have no idea that the machine is used to make cannabis-infused products.
Essentially, it looks like a small electric coffee pot. Using the machine, as mentioned, it very easy; just add in your ingredients, select your settings, and let the smartly designed Smart Butter go to work!
Thanks to the advanced technologies that it’s outfitted with, it works very efficiently and does a great job of producing high-grade butter, oils, tinctures, and other products that you can use to create a variety of tasty treats, meals, and even topicals and salves.
>Do you know what to do if you accidentally eat too many edibles? Read this guide to find out!
Pros of the Magical Butter Machine
There are a number of advantages associated with the Magical Butter machine. Some of the most notable pros include:
- Very easy to use; just add in your ingredients and it does the work for you
- Advanced technologies allow it to generate high-end final products
- Clean, simple, and very inconspicuous design that will look great on your countertop. In fact, unless you know what it is used for, you’d never know that it’s intended to be used to make cannabis-infused recipes!
- Self-cleaning button makes it very easy to clean up. Just pour some hot water and a few drops of liquid dish detergent into the pot, press the cleaning button, and once the cleaning process is complete, rinse out the kettle, and all residue will be removed and the machine will be ready to use for your next batch of products.
- The owner’s manual is very easy to read and follow.
- It comes with a great recipe book that features a collection of tasty and easy to make items, and there several more tasty recipes can be found right on the Magical Butter website.
- It generates virtually no smell; once everything is placed inside the pot and the lid is closed, the odor is pretty much completely locked inside.
- The machine really does minimize the amount of time that’s needed to make cannabis edibles, as well as the mess, allowing for a hassle-free experience.
Cons of the Magical Butter Machine
While the Magical Butter machine does offer several benefits, there are a few downsides that should be noted. Some of the most notable cons that you should be aware of include:
- During the blending cycle, the machine does make a good bit of noise. In regard to the noise it creates, it’s quite similar to using a standard food processor.
- It really isn’t ideal for making smaller batches, as two cups is the minimum amount that it can make. If you’re planning on making large quantities, then it’s definitely the way to go; however, if you’re only planning on making smaller batches, then Magical Butter may not be ideal for you.
- The price is a bit high and may be cost-prohibitive for some shoppers; however, considering the advanced technologies, the smart design, the ease of use, and the premium-quality results it generates, most users agree that it’s worth the investment.
Is the Magical Butter Machine Worthwhile?
Overall, yes, the Magical Butter machine is definitely a worth the money.
Whether you intend on using cannabis-laced edibles or other products, such as salves, lotions, tinctures, and oils for medicinal purposes (to treat aches and pains, anxiety, or depression, for example), or if you simply enjoy using marijuana for recreational purposes but are looking for more fun and exciting ways to use it other than smoking, then yes, the Magical Butter machine would be worth your while.
Though it is a bit on the pricey side, given how easy it is to use and the quality of the products that it makes – and the fact that the design is quite inconspicuous and truly can be kept out on your countertop without attracting attention – the Magical Butter would be a welcomed addition to the kitchen of any cannabis user.
Also, the team behind the product just seem to be an excellent group of guys and girls. Take a 5 minute stroll through the Magic Butter social media pages and you’ll see what we mean 😉
The smart design, advanced technologies, ease of use, and premium-quality results that the Magical Butter machine provides makes it a sound investment for those who enjoy using cannabis-infused edibles on a regular basis.
Given the fact that the average cost of high-grade pot brown runs between $10 and $20 – and the fact that you don’t always know what type of ingredients are used in already baked brownies – while the Magical Butter machine might be pricey investment initially, in the end, it can actually end up saving you money (especially if you use pot edibles on a consistent basis).
Add to that the fact that this countertop appliance is so versatile and can be used to make a wide variety of foods, drinks, and even oils, tinctures, and salves, and that it is highly efficient and produces fast results, the Magical Butter machine would be a great appliance for in any cannabis connoisseur’s kitchen.